High School diploma. Post secondary education and/or licensing in one or more of the building trades preferred.
Experience directing maintenance personnel and service contractors. Technical knowledge and hands-on experience with commercial HVAC, electrical, digital control and fire suppression systems required.
- Strong organizational, teamwork, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with management, maintenance personnel and service contractors.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt and change with industry practices.
- Estimating and budgeting skills.
- Strong administrative/computer skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Near perfect attendance and schedule flexibility to meet the ongoing demands of a dynamic environment/facility.
- Ability to lift/move 75 pound objects.
- Valid driver license and ability to safely drive/maneuver a 30+ foot box truck.
- Reside within a 25 mile radius of the Acuity CHQ.
- Helps to direct, coordinate, and oversee Mechanical Specialists and service contractors engaged in the installation, repair and preventative maintenance of all building systems, equipment, furniture, site lighting and signs. This work may occur off hours and includes caring for a full scale, commercial kitchen and off site data center.
- Ensures routine maintenance is completed properly and timely on all equipment and systems. This includes, but is not limited to air and water filter replacement, proper water treatment in open and closed loop systems, cleaning and lubricating bearings, shafts, gears, and all other parts of equipment
- Performs quality audits on work completed by Mechanical Specialists and service contractors
- Provides input to annual employee performance reviews and goal setting.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual Facilities budget and management of expenses. Sources, evaluates and recommends purchases of building and maintenance supplies, machinery, equipment and furniture.
- Ensures proper safety and other training for maintenance personnel is completed and documented.
- Maintains system and procedure documentation/drawings, meeting minutes, audit records and other required documentation related to duties/facility. Prepares weekly report, which documents accomplishments, work in-progress, and tasks to be completed for mechanical maintenance personnel.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls regarding building operations on a 24 x 7 basis.
- Helps communicate and enforce building use, safety, security and evacuation policies.
- Inspects facilities and equipment to determine the need and extent of service and equipment required.
- Listens for unusual sounds from equipment to detect malfunction and discusses equipment operation variations with appropriate parties to diagnose problem and repair equipment.
- Helps oversee and update the building automation systems to maximize energy savings, comfort level and equipment life.
- Helps review and complete procedures and testing relative to the current corporate, regulatory and environmental requirements. Ensures maintenance personnel understand/implement necessary changes and complete work efficiently, safely, and in a code-compliant manner.
- Coordinates required furniture, data and power layouts and revisions.
- Organizes and maintains mechanical and shop areas.
- Acts as liaison to public utility and energy agencies.
- Collaborates with others to anticipate and mitigate service interruptions and disasters. Helps prepare a detailed disaster recovery plan.
- Helps to complete space set ups for various company and community events. Provides off hours support of events.
- Reasonable and predictable attendance.
This job is classified as exempt.